Multiple opportunities for General Psychiatrists with experience and special interest in Adult Psychiatry to practice from one of our multidisciplinary medical centres — Various locations, SA
ForHealth will allow you to grow your practice as a Psychiatrist with ongoing learning and development with resources available online and via a dedicated clinical support team.
Unique to the ForHealth Group, each new Psychiatrist is assigned a Training and Development Officer to co -ordinate induction and integration with the team.
A variety of contractor arrangements are available and flexible to your needs.
As a general outline, you will have the following duties:
- Assessing patients' mental and physical status to determine the nature and extent of mental, emotional and behavioural disorders
- Assessing patients' medical, psychiatric and psychological histories
- Examining patients to determine general physical condition
- Ordering laboratory tests, imaging, neuropsychological tests and other diagnostic procedures
- Examining the results of tests and examinations to determine the most appropriate forms of treatment
- Prescribing and administering medication, psychotherapy, and other physical treatments and rehabilitation programs
- Arranging admission of patients to hospitals if necessary
Qualifications, skills & experience required
- Registration or eligible for registration with Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA)
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian & New Zealand College of Psychiatrists and/or equivalent specialist recognition and demonstrated experience in Adult Psychiatry
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and harmoniously with medical and other health services colleagues as part of a multi-disciplinary health care team
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with patients, colleagues, and staff and commitment to provision of a high standard of clinical care
- Practice your way-appointments, walk-ins, or telehealth consults are available, based on your preference
- Flexible hours
- Short- and long-term arrangements, no exclusivity
- Use of a modern and fully-equipped consulting room
- Qualified Nursing support
How can you find out more?
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity, please contact Poushali Ghosh on +61 466 458 951 for a confidential discussion, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Positions are available in the following locations:
- Elizabeth - Elizabeth Medical & Dental Centre (dws, bulk billing only)
- Marion Domain - Marion Domain Medical & Dental Centre (dws)
- Modbury - North East Modbury Medical & Dental Centre (dws)
- Norwood - Norwood Village Medical & Dental Centre
- Royal Park - Old Port Road Medical & Dental Centre (dws)